Thursday 5 February 2015

Skincare

"Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle."

          - Robert Anthony







I have spent probably too much time and too much money in search of the perfect moisturiser over the years. High end, mid range and budget (brands include Loreal, Simple, Johnsons, Clinique, Origins, Estee Lauder, e45) - some would provide elements of what I was looking for, but none quite ticked all of the boxes... Until now.

Now I know this product isn't a new or a cult product and lots of blogs aren't raving about it either (well, not any more at least). But when it comes to moisturisers Clarins wins - hands down. Fact.

My Eureka! moment occurred after I visited the Clarins Spa at Stapleford Park for my birthday last year. 


Country House Hotel
Stapleford Park


Post massage, my friend and I bought a few products. I purchased the Multi-Active Day Cream, a wonderful rich cream formulation (which I love for my combination skin) moisturiser suitable for all skin types. I loved it, but it was missing the essential SPF...



Then I received a sample for the Clarins HydraQuench Cream... I. Loved. It. 

I had to purchase the full size.



Why?

I love the formulation - again a rich cream product, and with SPF. Perhaps the best thing about this range is that you can also get a cream gel formulation (much lighter for those who prefer moisturisers this way) and it also comes without SPF (though I only recommend this if you're getting your SPF elsewhere for example in your make up). HydraQuench contains katafray bark and hyaluronic acid which both help to hydrate the skin. And finally, the smell is to die for, which is an added bonus!

The product will set you back about £35, but lasts around three months if you use it in the mornings only.

I think it has been money well spent and the HydraQuench Cream will be in my skincare routine for a long time to come!


What are your fave moisturisers??


Big Loves!!

Xx
http://sandrasayswhynot.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss




http://www.bloglovin.com/people/sandrasayswhynot-3116037
https://www.bloglovin.com/people/sandrasayswhynot-3116037

2 comments:

  1. love the quote at the beginning of this post....will be using it in the future!

    I'm not really one for skincare products, though it's something I really should invest in. I currently use the Body Shop's vitamin moisturiser, which I love because it's affordable and has SPF15. however I'm not adverse to shelling out a bit more for a quality skincare product especially as I get older

    www.lifeofchi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am yet to try the Body Shop's moisturisers - which range would you go for? The vitamin E range? I've heard a lot about this one... Do share!! Xx

      Delete

Follow me with Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin